Listing Expires: 12/04/2023
- The selected applicant for this position is responsible for the instruction of Medical Coding students in the online Medical Coding Program. They will maintain currency within their professional field, including applicable required licensure and/or certification. The individual will teach college credit courses through the college’s online teaching platform. The position requires the individual to possess strong interpersonal skills, good communication and computer skills, a student-centered philosophy, and excellent organizational skills.
- The instructor is responsible for class preparation, teaching required content/material, grading student work, communicating with students, and assisting with course assessment.
- Cynthia Meyer, Dean of Health Science
- Medical Coding Program
- Adjunct faculty instructor position
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Essential Functions:
- Teach specified content through the college’s online teaching platform
- Complete all course instructional requirements
- Communicate with students, staff, and other faculty
- Collect data for course assessment
- Non-essential functions
- Travel: N/A
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of:
- Current medical coding and billing information
- Online instructional methods
- Skills for:
- Microsoft programs and applications
- Teaching methods based on adult learning andragogy
- Communicating with others through active listening and active learning
- Working with others in a productive and harmonious manner
- Retaining students within the Medical Coding program
- Collecting data for course assessment
- Managing multiple tasks and prioritizing for successful task completion
Required Education and Experience:
- AA, AS, or AAS in medical coding/billing or healthcare administration
- Two Years of experience in the medical coding/billing field
- State licensure for medical coding
Preferred Education and Experience:
- BA or BS, in Healthcare administration or health information management
- Four Years of experience in the medical coding/billing field
- State licensure for medical coding
- Ability to work at a computer station for extended periods of time
- Lift 20 pounds
- Global cognitive functioning skills needed to understand and comprehend teaching materials and workplace expectations
- Executive functioning skills to complete complex tasks and reflect on outcomes
- Personal remote work area and space that provides privacy of student records and student interactions
APPLICATION PROCESS (PLEASE FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS TO APPLY:
Applicants must complete the South Arkansas College application form available at www.southark.edu/app. Resumes, transcripts, and reference list may accompany, but will not replace the application.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applications are subject to the Arkansas FOIA. South Arkansas College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. South Arkansas College does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, handicap, or veteran status in the provision of educational or employment opportunities or benefits.
The college is in compliance with titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), and all other federal and state laws related to equal opportunity practices.
Chosen Candidate will be required to submit to a criminal background check and have acceptable background results, provide any certificates of training (if the candidates possess any) or Licenses, Official Transcripts (for positions requiring undergraduate or graduate education), must have a clean driving record and must complete all new hire paperwork prior to starting work.
MORE INFORMATION HERE
Job Category: Education
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: El Dorado, Arkansas
Name: Brandi Cotterman